Thursday, May 26, 2011

Who is Crazy enough to make a doll with cotton balls?

If you know me, don't answer............................but look at this how inspiring!

http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2008/11/make-a-waldorf-doll-dollar-store-style/

So after giving this a look, it seemed like a fun challange.  I am not sure though maybe I was just in the dentist chair for too long :)  So I left the dentist and with a few dollars (maybe that is the part that makes it so plausible) stopped by the Dollar Store and grabbed the things that were listed.  Everything but yarn, they didn't have any, not quite the right season.  Not to worry, I have some floating around here.

Okay I improvised a little they didn't really have any onsie that would work, so I got the bib instead, to cut up and turn into shoes (I hope).  And there were no pink tights, but I got pink socks!  And cotton balls?  I am not even sure how to roll a Waldorf Doll head out of wool!  How hard could it be to roll one out of cotton balls?



So having no idea how to do this, I just jumped in!  I don't know, we'll see how it looks in the morning, ummmmmm maybe more cottong balls or maybe not....................

It is a very dense ball of cotton, versus's one little fluffy cotton ball.

Will the doll look anything like these lovely ones?

Starting with the cute Gnome and then traveling around counter clockwise, Gnome is by Pinecone Gnome, next to him is Fi's snuggle bud by Pink Petunia Cottage Dolls, Magic Rainbow Handmade Dolls, Teething Gnome, by Pinecone Gnome and finally Leafala, by Pinecone Gnome.
 Just to give everyone an idea, here are some of our smaller dolls.  I can't decide how my cotton ball head compares to their lovely wool heads.  Once again, just going to have to look at it again in the morning!  I feel maybe a little bigger, but honestly not so much fun unwinding the cotton balls, so I can rewind them as tightly as possible around the bunch!

Enjoy a good laugh at my experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment