Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Sewing Space!

This weekend my dad finished readjusting the wood box cover to fit over my sewing machine, to keep the dust away from her when she is not in use.

He did a great job, thanks Dad!

So today I am working on organizing the little space where my sewing machine and sewing table are, very exciting, for me!  Tomorrow I hope that the doll making supplies that I have been waiting for arrive. And I want to be ready to lay them out and see what goes in to one of these Waldorf inspired dolls.  So excited!

I have, what I would modestly consider some sewing skills.  I always say we won't know what I can do and how it will come out until after.  In highschool I took a wonderful sewing class for all my years in highschool.  It was a clothing class and all we did was make clothes for ourselves, we picked everything at the fabric store and the teacher taught and helped us based on individual projects.  My high light was making my own graduation dress. 

Also have a natural predisposition for sewing, my grandmother both did it and were very talented.  I was lucky to learn some from my one grandmother years ago, before she was gone.  And it is her machine I use now.

Back to getting everything ready, more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment